Sunday, July 8, 2018

O' Canada, Where Art Thou?


** This Is Not Canada ** 

It is 'Merica and it's TREMENDOUS! The actual location of the precise spot upon which this photograph was taken is someplace close to Mary's Nipple which is generally adjacent to Grand Targhee that in fact is very, very close to Wyoming. And Idaho. Regardless, it's super to look at with your eyes and a little less through the lens of an iPhone. Alas, it is not Canada. 

It's been 5 years since I've licked my quill and put finger to keyboard. I'm surprised this account is still active. I'll be equally surprised if anybody will read more than a top ten list of shocking things to reduce belly fat! But if you, dear reader stick around long enough, I will diligently produce THE MOST AMAZING TOP 10 LIST EVER!!!!!! (fake news!) Though, for now, I will try to be thoughtful and eloquent and witty and all of those things. This is serious business folks -- it's a travel blog and I'm going to make all of the youtube money and become a best selling e-author and I'll soon enough be sipping non-virgin daiquiris with Zuckerburg, Musk and Branson on some far away island discussing space travel and posting Instas of our pasty white feet boomeranging left..right..left..right..left..right. 

My last attempted entry was from 7/17/2013. The subject was Alaska. I had just returned home to Colorado after the trip of a lifetime. Three months later, I re-met the woman of my dreams at a Gary Clark Jr. concert in Denver. I didn't really know it was the woman of my dreams but the tall PBR, whiskey and leather pants brought it all into a hazy-and-slightly-askew-blurry-focus. The Roomate (I shall refer to Sarah henceforth as "The Roomate") stated very early on and very matter-of-factly, "Once this stops being fun, I'm out!" Challenge accepted. 

Pagosa Springs->Nashville->Memphis->New Orleans->Ireland->MARRIED>Michigan/U.P.
>FOOD TRUCK->Arizona->San Francisco->New Orleans->SELL FOOD TRUCK->MOVE->BUY HOUSE->Santa Fe->California->Greece->Vegas->Colombia->RENT HOUSE->Ontario - uh, nope. Utah->Idaho->Montana->British Columbia->Washington->Oregon->NorCal. YEAH! Road trip of my dreams... 

ROAD TRIP 2018

 The Roommate and I - after little debate and many box wines - decide to rent the house and go somewhere. We see opportunity in Canada to work, play and dine on Mc Poulet. Unfortunately a shark, drunk on Swiss Miss, snatched that idea right out of our hands. Asshat. So be it. "Let's go North! and West!" So we did -- and we are. We visited our best buds and superhosts at Toxby Ranch in Idaho by way of Park City, UT. We hiked, tubed, jammed, drank superb wine and sake (not boxed and not hot!) We celebrated freedom with too much sunscreen and just-right hamburgers and hand-cut fries. As fireworks exploded into the night, our thoughts drifted to the adventure that lay ahead...




Guardsman Pass. 
Park City, UT


Lackwaxen Lake Trail
Park City, UT


Grand Tetons
Grand Targhee, Wyoming


#porkchopexpress
#freethearms
Toxby Ranch, ID 
     

Potosi Hot Springs Campground
Ennis, MT


Yesterday morning, we awoke from a restful - yet paranoid sleep (lot's 'o human hungry Grizzled Bears in MT, we were told) packed up camp, packed up the subie and hit the road. The only place we had to be was the greatest candy store known to me, The Sweet Palace in Phillipsburg, Montana. By the time we screamed around the last dirt road and on to pavement (MT 287 North) I received a text message that will change the entire scope of our trip and perhaps my life... 

1 comment: