Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hitting the road, destination unknow.


After a great 10 day run in California which took me from the northern end of Napa Valley (Calistoga) down the PCH, to Venice, Anaheim, and back up the central valley to Sequoia National Forest, I returned to Denver to fufill several gigs I had with The Adam Stern Trio
and to wrap up a few loose ends before heading out of town again.

In the two and a half weeks I was back in Denver, I was able to enjoy a few days of snowboarding, a lot of hiking, and the company of some great friends. I also had the satisfaction of "finishing" two albums of music. One with The Adam Stern Trio called "Twang Shui" which was recorded in early January and will be complete and in my hands by April (a land speed record?)

The second album is actually a 5 year old project from my first band in Denver, Sensei. The "One Fell Over" ep album was originally recorded around December of 03 in Tom Toxby's basement. At the time, the band thought it was a decent recording and made an effort to get it into the hands of talent buyers around Denver. Unfortunately, shortly after finishing the CD, Tom Marsh (keys) quit to join a hippie commune in northern California. Evan Mellichampe (basses), Toxby (lead and rhythm guitar), and myself decided to terminate the project and move on to new things, which included a stint for the three of us backing a Denver based singer-songwriter, Angie Stevens.

In January of '09, Toxby and I unearthed the original tracks and remixed the CD. We're really happy with the way the CD came out and are excited to share the music again with our friends. Follow the Sensei link above if you want to check out some of the tunes.

The day before I left Denver (February 7th) I took a short trip down I-25 to The Garden of The Gods in Colorado Springs.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


As you can see, it was a beautiful day and a great mini-trip before heading to Tucson, AZ for a week of work with mi amigo, Victor.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, did Marsh actually do that? Go off to North Cali and get all communal? You should have stopped in and said hello!

    ReplyDelete