Friday, February 20, 2009

Revisite: Tucson in pictures


I just got these pictures from Victor last night. These were from a "rock" party on Tuesday, Feb. 10th


School is out! Victor and Adam. This picture should be accompanied by music... 80's sitcom music like Charles In Charge or Silver Spoons.



A Wrestling match ensued after being let out of school



Victor and our Australian friend, Marcel


Adam, me, and Victor, clearly tired from all the hard work


Drum circle, brah!



Someone likes being the center of attention...


I taught them all a lesson


I let the woman behind me play my pandeiro. She wouldn't give it back to me. She loved that tamborine--and her white gloves


Adam, Marcel, and me.




This is Nikki. Nikki is, um, interesting. Nikki came to Victor's warehouse from his Dad's rock show across the street. I spoke with Nikki for a few minutes. Here is an excerpt of the conversation

Me: So, where you from?
Nikki: Northern California
Me: Oh, cool. I was just up in Napa Valley
Nikki: Yeah, it's nice there
Nikki: Where are you from?
Me: Denver
Nikki: Do they have trains there?
Me (perplexed): Yeah... they have Amtrak that runs from Denver to northern Cali. It's a great trip, I've done it before. Beautiful.
Nikki: No... like, um, freight trains?
Me: What?
Nikki: You know, like the train you hear in Tucson, with the horn?
Me: Yeah, sure we have freight trains. Why, you gonna hop one to Denver?
Nikki: No. Do you have Union Pacific?
Me: Well... I don't know. I think we have BNSF?
Nikki: (long pause) I like trains.
(End of Conversation)



Vic and Adam. Picture says everything

No comments:

Post a Comment